06 May 2006

The Big Day

So, today was the day that my sister finally got married. And today was a great day.

They had forcasted rain all day, the morning was a little wet, but there were only scattered clouds when we arrived at the church, and by the time the ceremony was over, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Our kids were the flower girl and the ring bearer. They did great, walked nice and slow to the front, they sat nice and quiet for the whole ceremony, and they were so very cute as they walked out afterwards, hand in hand.

It was also great to see so many friends and family together again. It was also so very fun to share all the funny stories that have accumulated over the years. You see, my sister and her now husband have been going out for 8 years now, and today was a long time a coming. As my sister said in her speach at the end: "It's great after 8 years to finally introduce you to my husband!" They are very good together, and today really was a celebration of that.

After a very long day, we carried our kids home, got them out of their oh so very cute outfits, into their jammies, and finally into bed. Now we can breathe easier. They didn't cry, they didn't get scared, they didn't run in the church, they were very well behaved, they smiled their cute little smiles for pictures. In all, we had a great time.

For me, it was interesting watching my father, as he gave away his only daughter. This was a very important day for him as well. It's hard to describe, but suffice it to say, that my dad has the ability to be very soft, and very strong at the same time. It's one of the things I admire most in him.

Ok, it's late now, but I will leave you all with this thought...

Ok, it's late now, and I'm tired, and I can't think of anything, so with that, Good Night!

No comments: