10 May 2006

Yipee!

Ok, for most of you, this won't mean much, some of you may be able to feel some sort of empathy or sympathy. But for me this is huge. I got my guitar yesterday. It was in Estonia at my mother-in-law's place. I figured I'd use the excuse of leaving it there as a reason for needing to buy myself a new guitar. Well, I havn't had the cash for that, and I found someone coming this way that could bring it with them. And it arrived yesterday. I'm so happy. Not that it's a good guitar, or fancy, or unique. But it's mine, and it was so very good to play it again. I'm happy.

2 comments:

Garth said...

Congrats - I still remember back when I taught you chords back at Red Rock - i'm sure you've long surpassed me in your playing though...I think it was you that introduced me to the Lost Dogs & Mike Knott - many thanks! BTW - i've been away for a few weeks and my blog has been a little stale but I recently threw some new pics and musings on both my divergent blogs...

Dave said...

Yeah, it's great having something familiar again. Although it now needs some repair, it just feels right in my hands. If you remember, you helped me buy that guitar, gave me advice between a couple of different models. If I remember correctly, you took me to Mother's Music in Winnipeg. And I think we also hit 220km/h on the way back to camp from Winnipeg that day. The next project will be replacing the nut and building a new preamp for it. Should be fun.